A virtual private network (VPN) allows users at designated remote locations to access the office intranet over a secure connection at a lower cost than leased lines or other alternatives. The Allworx VPN can extend the reach of your secure infrastructure in these ways:
For staff members on travel: For example, when an employee is traveling and needs access to files stored on the company intranet, with Allworx VPN and a laptop, the employee can access the company files with no loss in company security.
For home office access: with Allworx VPN installed on their home computer, an employee can work at home, at his or her convenience, with full, secure access to the company intranet and files.
- VPN (Virtual Private Network) — PPTP (Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol) security
- PPTP-based VPN for up to 16 simultaneous users
- One VPN license comes standard for the system administrator
- Access Allworx remotely via VPN and get full functionality (email, directory, etc)
- Sold as an option
- One time license fee
- Unlimited number of users